Request an Academic Plan Change via myWCU

In this tutorial, you will learn how to submit an Academic Plan Change Request via myWCU


  1. Click Request an Academic Plan Change 

    Step 1
  2. Read through the instructions, then click Select Type of Change

    Step 2
  3. Select the type of change you are requesting from the drop down menu.  

    Not all options will be available to all students.


    Once you select the type of change you are requesting, additional instructions will be provided and you will need to make additional selections from the drop downs.

    Step 3
  4. In this example, click Change Major 

    Step 4
  5. By selecting "Change Major" you are requesting the current major on your record be replaced.  Use the drop down menu to select the major you would like removed from your record.  


    Click Academic Plan 

    Step 5
  6. You will be prompted to select the major you would like to change from your available majors. (Many students will only have one major to choose from).


    In this example, click Communication Studies BA.

    Step 6
  7. The What- if Advisement Report may be used to help you understand the requirements of your newly selected plan of study.

    Step 7
  8. You will be prompted to select a new major.   Majors are sorted by academic departments.


    Click Department 

    Step 8
  9. In this example, select English.

    Step 9
  10. Click Academic Plan.

    Step 10
  11. In this example, select English BA: Literature 

    Step 11
  12. Once you have made your selection, click Submit.


    Once submitted, this request will be reviewed by the appropriate advisors and department chairpersons for approval.   You will be notified via email when a decision has been made. 


    Please note this change will be effective for the start of the next semester.

    Step 12
  13. You will be routed to a new page to confirm your request.


    Click OK


    Step 13
  14. Once you confirm your request, you will be returned to the request page and a message will appear letting you know your request has been routed to the appropriate approvers.


    If you wish to submit another request, you will need to return to your myWCU homepage and re-start the Request an Academic Plan Change process.


    Approvers have the ability to Approve, Deny or Hold your request. You will receive an email to your WCU email address as soon as a decision is made to Deny or Hold your request; otherwise, you will receive an email once the change has been processed.

    Step 14
  15. Click the myWCU logo to return HOME.

    Step 15
  16. To Check the Status of a Pending Request:


    Students who have submitted a request to change their academic plan also have the ability to monitor the status of their requests. Students are provided with a summary of each request, the status, and any comments left by an approver. Students also have the ability to cancel pending requests.


    Click View Pending Change of Plan Requests.

    Step 16
  17. Here is a list of the various statuses and a brief description:


    Approved: Your request has been approved by all approvers and is awaiting processing.

    Cancelled: You have cancelled your request.

    Deny: Your request has been denied; please see the comments section for further explanation.

    Hold: Your request has been put on hold by one of the approvers.

    Pending: Your request is awaiting one or more approvals.

    Processed: Your request has been approved and your student record has been updated.

    Processing: The processing of your request has been initiated but for some reason could not be  completed; please contact for additional information.

    Reject: Your request has been cancelled by the Registrar’s Office; please contact for additional information.

    Step 17
  18. To Cancel a Pending Change of Plan Request:


    Check the box of the request you wish to cancel.

    Step 18
  19. Click the Cancel Requests button.

    Step 19
  20. Click the myWCU logo to return HOME

    Step 20

After completing this tutorial, you know how to Submit an Academic Plan Change Request via myWCU.