Submitting an Extended Grade Change Request

To change grades:

1. Enter the new grade for each student needing a grade change.

2. Multiple changes can be submitted at the same time within one transaction. If you fail to submit a grade or grades for additional students before hitting submit, you must re-enter the roster to make any additional grade changes.

3. Select the grade change type/reason.

a. Clerical and Computational Errors are the only available options when changing letter grades

b. Grade change types for NG’s and IP’s will automatically appear. You will only need to submit a new grade.

4. Once all new grades and grade change reasons have been entered, hit the submit button to forward the request to the next person in the workflow.

5. Workflow is initiated based on the type of grade change and timeline.

a.  Extended Grade Change:   This includes change of grade requests initiated after the 9th week of the following semester and for IP’s after the 9th week of the equivalent semester in the following year.

i. These require department Chair, Dean and Provost Designee approval

The workflow status will appear on the faculty member’s grade change roster noting approvals needed.


Approving Workflow Requests

Chair, Dean and Special Assistant to the Provost

To approve requested grade changes

As an approver of requests, the myWCU home page will display all pending approvals.

Approvers can click on the class link which will take them directly to approver’s page - OR - pending requests can be accessed by navigating to:  Main Menu > Faculty/Admin. Self Service > Change Grade Approval where they can search for the class

Once the roster is accessed, approvers can approve or deny a grade change request. If the request is denied, a reason box will appear to enter a reason for the decision. Denying a request will end the workflow process and the faculty member who submitted the request will be notified via email. It is the faculty member’s responsibility to inform the student of a denied decision.

Remember: Deans and Special Assistant to Provost Approvers

Only Extended Grade Change Requests that are initiated after the 9th week of the following semesters or for IP changes after the 9th week of the equivalent semester in the following year will need to be reviewed by the Dean and the Special Assistant to the Provost.



Table of Contents  Back