Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) is an internet-based system that electronically monitors and reports on international students and exchange visitors and their dependents. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), maintains SEVIS. It is an integral part of the DHS program to improve data collection and reporting, facilitate compliance with regulations, and automate monitoring of school and exchange programs. PeopleSoft SEVIS Solution Visa Processing is an enhancement to PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions that collects data, monitors changes, and reports student and exchange visitor changes.
SEVIS Solution Visa Processing extracts information and sends it to SEVIS to be reported to the DHS. You can audit the information after it is extracted. Once you are satisfied that it is correct, you produce an XML file for transmission to SEVIS. The system verifies that the transmission is received, and it reports any errors. When you send changes to SEVIS, you receive an XML file back that you use to import the results of the processing. You also receive PDF files containing any new I-20 or DS-2019 forms that are requested.
Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Enter student or exchange visitor data.
• Enter SEVIS visa/permit data.
• Enter SEVIS citizenship/passport data.
• Enter SEVIS driver's license data.
• Perform SEVIS ID maintenance.
• Enter SEVIS employment authorization information.
• Track full course exceptions.
• Track external full course exceptions.
• Assign full course load exceptions by batch.
• Enter SEVIS student data for the I-20 form.
• View I-20 form information.
• Enter SEVIS exchange visitor data for the DS-2019 form.
• Use dependent search.
• Run the SEVIS Alerts F/M process.
• Run the SEVIS Alerts J process.
• View SEVIS Alerts F/M process data.
• View SEVIS Alerts J process data.
• View event history information for an individual.
• Run the Citizenship/Country/Visa Audit report.
• Run the Passport/Visa Expiration report.
Table of Contents