Certain types of credits to a student’s account are restricted as to what types of charges they can be applied to as well as what term or terms, by Aid Year vs. Academic Year. For example, the Department of Education requires authorization from a student before applying Title IV financial aid to a students account for charges other than 'allowable' charges which are tuition, mandatory fees, and contracted housing and board. Additionally, some scholarships pay charges for a specific term. The Student Permission, granted by the student, allows this money to pay charges incurred from other terms.


Institutions that use an automated system to manage student finances can create student permissions that act as a record of standing permission from students to apply restricted credits.


If you attach the student permission to a charge priority, you can define the terms where permission is required for application of payment.


In this topic, you will attach a permission form to a student record.

Table of Contents