There are two ways to evaluate course transfer credit:
• Using predefined rules (using the Course Credits component).
• Manually (using the Course Credits - Manual component).
Use the Course Credits component to use predefined course transfer equivalency rules to articulate course transfer credit. Predefined rules can be attached to academic programs, academic plans, and student-specific study agreements. You will create models of articulation based on the source of the transfer credit and the student’s academic program and plan. You can create as many models as necessary.
To process course transfer credit using predefined equivalency rules:
1. Set up the source information and target information for the transfer credit model on the Transfer Course Details page.
2. Select the articulation term for the model and command the system to evaluate the courses according to the predefined rules in the Transfer Credit Term group box on the Transfer Course Details page.
3. Calculate transfer credit statistics for the model, post and unpost transfer credit, and view a summary of transfer credit statistics on the Transfer Summary page.
4. View summary student statistics, once you have saved a posted or unposted model, in the Course Credits Summary group box of the Transfer Summary page.
In this topic, you will evaluate course transfer credit using predefined rules.
Table of Contents