This diagram illustrates the metadata and application data that PeopleSoft Query accesses and the file types to which you can export queries.Step 1
Use PeopleSoft Query Manager to extract information from PeopleSoft applications without having to write SQL statements.
After retrieving the data, you can export the data to various report formatting applications.Step 2
In PeopleSoft applications:
• Query Manager stores query designs in the PeopleTools tables.
• The query retrieves data from the application tables.Step 3
For queries to interact with Crystal Reports, a database connection must be present as shown in this diagram.Step 4
The PeopleSoft Open Query ODBC driver and Application Programming Interface (API) enable third-party tools, such as Crystal Reports, to access PeopleSoft Query definitions and data.Step 5
When you access PeopleSoft Query from Crystal Reports, you take advantage of these features:
• Ability to run stored PeopleSoft queries.
• PeopleSoft record, row, and user security.
• PeopleSoft Query access groups.
• Access to all supported PeopleSoft databases.
• Effective-dated output.
• Translate values.
• International translations.Step 6
You have successfully reviewed the Understanding Crystal Reports and PeopleSoft Query Interactivity topic.
Table of Contents Start Topic