To access the Client Setups dialog box:
1. Select Start, Programs, PeopleTools 8.4x, Configuration Manager.
2. Select the Client Setup tab.Step 1
Use the Client Setup dialog box to:
• Install a PeopleSoft program group on the workstation.
• Set up a system data source name (DSN) using the server and database name information from the Startup dialog box.
• Install the PeopleSoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) driver that is required for Open Query and Crystal Reports.
• Install Crystal Reports runtime .dlls on the workstation.
• Configure a PeopleSoft ODBC DSN.Step 2
Use the Group Title field to enter the name of the program group for the icons that you want on the client workstation.
You can call the program group anything you want, but this example refers to it by its default name, PeopleSoft 8.Step 3
Select check boxes in the Shortcut Links group to create shortcut links for any PeopleSoft applications that you want to access from the workstation.
When you run Client Setup, it uninstalls any existing shortcuts in the PeopleSoft 8 program group and installs shortcuts for the applications that you have selected. If you subsequently want to install or uninstall shortcuts, you can always rerun Client Setup.Step 4
If you select the Install ODBC Driver Manager 3.5 option, you need to reboot the workstation after running Client Setup.Step 5
Select the Install PeopleSoft ODBC Driver check box if you want to install the PeopleSoft ODBC driver and set up a user ODBC DSN required by PeopleSoft Open Query and by Crystal Reports.Step 6
Use the ODBC Administrator button to directly access the Microsoft ODBC Administrator and verify the installation and configuration of the ODBC DSN.Step 7
Select the Install Workstation check box to define whether Client Setup runs when you click the Apply or OK buttons.
If this check box is not selected, Client Setup either creates or updates settings in the registry, but does not set up the PeopleSoft 8 program group or install local .dlls.Step 8
Use the Apply button to run Client Setup and apply the other Configuration Manager settings.Step 9
You have successfully reviewed the Understanding How to Run Client Setup topic.
Table of Contents Start Topic