You store business data in a database to manipulate the data, answer questions, and solve business problems. However, retrieving particular information from the database can be a difficult and time-consuming process.
With PeopleSoft Query, you can easily create queries to access data in the PeopleSoft database. The queries can be simple or complex based on your requirement. In addition, they can be one-time or can be used repeatedly.
The following are some examples of how you can use PeopleSoft Query:
• Preview queries within Query Manager and Query Viewer, displaying the results set in a grid for review.
• Run queries from Query Manager or Query Viewer as a separate process, and view the results in a separate browser window.
• Schedule queries so that they run at predefined times or on recurring schedules.
• Download and format query results in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
• Queries are a primary data source for PeopleSoft Cube Manager, which you can use to build online analytical processing (OLAP) cubes. PeopleSoft nVision also uses queries as a data source.
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
• Perform basic operations with queries.
• Create queries with selection criteria.
• Create queries using advanced functions.
Table of Contents