To delete a news publication, you must do some preparatory work first including withdrawing or moving published articles and disallowing articles to be submitted from the pagelet if this option has been set.
Note. You must be a top administrator for the news publication feature to be allowed to delete a publication.
Use the following procedure to delete a news publication:
1. Review the article status in each section of the publication.
2. Withdraw published articles, or move published articles to another publication.
Note. An image associated with a published article also has a status of published. Withdrawing a published article does not change the published status of its associated image, which must be changed separately. However, moving a published article to another publication moves its associated image as well.
3. If the publication allowed articles to be submitted from the pagelet, then this option must be cleared on the Folder Properties page.
4. If the publication allowed articles to be submitted from the pagelet, then move or deleted any submitted articles from the Submitted Articles folder.
5. Delete the publication from the Browse News Publications page.
In this example, as a top administrator for the news publication feature, you will attempt to delete a news publication without completing any of the preparatory work. You will receive an error message indicating that a folder cannot be deleted. Then, after you complete all of the preparatory steps, you will delete the news publication successfully.
Table of Contents