In Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal, community calendars provide a way for groups to share, organize, and communicate about events that pertain to their organization or group. Calendar membership can be assigned by user or by role. Calendar privileges include the ability to view the calendar (viewer), create and edit events (contributor), and administer the calendar (administrator). Members can view calendars online in pagelets or in the full-page view accessible from the pagelet or the menu navigation.
Community calendars can be accessed from portals, sites, and collaborative workspaces.
Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Describe community calendars.
• Create a community calendar.
• Manage community calendar security.
• Create a calendar event.
• Publish a community calendar pagelet.
• Add a community calendar to your homepage.
• Subscribe to calendar alerts.
• Administer community calendars (the administrators for a calendar or portal administrators only).
Table of Contents