In a collaborative workspace in Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal, the Discussions module provides a platform that workspace members can use to discuss topics of interest. The Discussions module is the discussion forum for a collaborative workspace. Workspace members can post discussion topics, such as issues and suggestions, and receive replies and feedback. The Discussions module enables workspace members to contribute to the review and resolution of a question.
In addition, members can monitor the discussions through alerts and summary and detail pages, as well as through the Recent Discussions pagelet on the collaborative workspace’s welcome page.
Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Manage discussion members and privileges (workspace administrator and discussion moderator).
• Manage the policy statement (workspace administrator and discussion moderator).
• Create a new discussion topic.
• Reply to a discussion topic.
• Modify discussion topics.
• Subscribe to a discussion alert.
Table of Contents