In Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal, a collaborative workspace is a virtual team room. You can create a collaborative workspace to facilitate the completion of a project that requires a team to work collaboratively to accomplish its goals, even if team members are in disparate locations.
A portal administrator can complete all of the tasks in this lesson. Specifically, only a portal administrator can manage the category hierarchy, create collaborative workspaces, and manage collaborative workspaces. However, once a workspace is created, another user can be designated as an administrator for the collaborative workspace. This workspace administrator can complete all of the other tasks related to administering a specific workspace.
Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Describe collaborative workspaces.
• Manage the collaborative workspace category hierarchy.
• Create a collaborative workspace.
• Manage collaborative workspaces.
• Modify the content and layout of the welcome page.
• Define workspace properties.
• Select workspace modules.
• Define the Documents module properties.
• Add pagelets to the Related Data module.
• Manage workspace membership.
Table of Contents