Begin by navigating to the Publish Pagelet Wizard Definition page.
Click the Content Management link.Step 1
Click the Browse Publications link.Step 2
Click the Properties link.Step 3
Click the Publish as Pagelet link.Step 4
Use the Publish Pagelet Wizard Definition page to publish a news publication as a pagelet to a site or portal. News publication publishing options include:
• The pagelet folder in which the news publication will be available.
• The homepage tabs on which the pagelet will be available.
• The pagelet behavior (optional, optional-default, required-fixed, or required).
In this example, you will publish this news publication as a pagelet.Step 5
Click the Pagelet Folder list.Step 6
Select a folder in which this news publication pagelet will be available. Only folders from the current site are available to select.
Click the News list item.Step 7
Select the tab (or tabs) on which the community calendar pagelet can be displayed.
Click the My Page option.Step 8
Click the Pagelet Behavior list.Step 9
Select the behavior option for the pagelet:
• Optional. The pagelet will not automatically appear on the homepage. However, it is available for selection when users personalize their homepages.
• Optional-Default. The pagelet will appear on all user homepages if they have access to the pagelet. The pagelet can be removed when users personalize their homepage.
• Required-Fixed. The pagelet will appear on all user homepages if they have access to the pagelet. The placement of the pagelet cannot be changed and the pagelet cannot be removed from the homepage.
• Required. The pagelet will appear on all user homepages if they have access to the pagelet. The placement of the pagelet can be changed, but it cannot be removed from the homepage.
Click the Optional - Default list item.Step 10
Click the Publish button.Step 11
Click the Return button.Step 12
You have completed publishing a news publication as a pagelet.
Table of Contents Start Topic