In Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal, the managed content feature of the content management system enables you to manage the development of content. Managed content serves as a proving ground for new content that is to be used in the portal. The system assigns a status to each piece of content based on where the content is in the process flow and what action the user performs.
The managed content feature enables you to create content, manage it collaboratively in folders, check content in and out, create new versions of content, and make approved content available to other content management features, such as news publications, content categorization, collaborative workspaces, related information pagelets, and others.
Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Describe managed content.
• Update folder properties for managed content.
• Update folder security for managed content.
• Move a folder in managed content.
• Add new content to managed content.
• Select content locations.
• Start and reply to discussions.
• Manage managed content by status.
• Work with the My Managed Content pagelet.
• Check out a content item.
• Check in and submit a content item for approval.
• Review and approve content items.
Table of Contents