Begin by navigating to the Publish Pagelet Wizard Definition page.
Click the Content Management link.Step 1
Click the Browse Folders link.Step 2
Click the Properties link.Step 3
Click the Publish as Pagelet link.Step 4
Use the Publish Pagelet Wizard Definition page to publish a folder from the content management system as a pagelet to a site or portal. You can publish folders from either managed content or categorized content as pagelets. Folder publishing options include:
• The pagelet folder in which the folder will be available.
• The homepage tabs on which the pagelet will be available.
• The pagelet behavior (optional, optional-default, required-fixed, or required).
In this example, as a top administrator for managed content, you will publish this top folder from managed content as a pagelet.Step 5
Click in the Pagelet Title field.Step 6
Enter the desired information into the Pagelet Title field. Enter
Click the Pagelet Folder list.Step 8
Select a folder in which this news publication pagelet will be available. Only folders from the current site are available to select.
Click the Portal Demo list item.Step 9
Select the tab (or tabs) on which the community calendar pagelet can be displayed.
Click the My Page option.Step 10
Click the Pagelet Behavior list.Step 11
Select the behavior option for the pagelet:
• Optional. The pagelet will not automatically appear on the homepage. However, it is available for selection when users personalize their homepages.
• Optional-Default. The pagelet will appear on all user homepages if they have access to the pagelet. The pagelet can be removed when users personalize their homepage.
• Required-Fixed. The pagelet will appear on all user homepages if they have access to the pagelet. The placement of the pagelet cannot be changed and the pagelet cannot be removed from the homepage.
• Required. The pagelet will appear on all user homepages if they have access to the pagelet. The placement of the pagelet can be changed, but it cannot be removed from the homepage.
Click the Optional - Default list item.Step 12
Click the Publish button.Step 13
Click the Return button.Step 14
You have completed publishing a folder from the managed content feature of the content management system as a pagelet.
Table of Contents Start Topic