In Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal, discussion forums provide a platform that groups can use to discuss topics of interest. Participants in discussion forums can post discussion topics, such as issues and suggestions, and receive replies and feedback. Discussion forums enable the appropriate individuals to contribute to the review and resolution of a question.
In addition, participants can monitor the forums to which they belong through alerts, summary and detail pages, as well as the Discussion Forums pagelet, which can be placed on their homepages.
Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Create a discussion forum (portal administrators only).
• Manage a discussion forum (moderators assigned to the forum).
• Work with the Discussion Forums pagelet.
• Create a new discussion forum topic.
• Reply to a discussion forum topic.
• Subscribe to a discussion forum alert.
Table of Contents