PeopleSoft houses all of your organizational needs through database tables. Some of this data will require periodic updates, and other data will need to be added to the system. Adding new data means creating a high-level key for the database table(s).
The ability to manipulate existing data within PeopleSoft is paramount to keeping accurate records. Using effective-dated tables in combination with action types is essential to being able to do this.
Upon completion of this lesson, you will be able to:
• Explain the relationship between actions and effective-dated rows.
• Identify the categories of effective-dated rows.
• Add a new high-level key to the database.
• Change existing data using the Update/Display page action.
• Change existing data using the Include History page action.
• Change existing data using the Correct History page action.
Table of Contents